6 large ripe tomatoes
4 ears corn
1 large yellow onion (preferably Vidalia)
2 cloves garlic
1 chipotle pepper in Adobo sauce
1 qt vegetable broth or stock
Smoked Sea Salt, to taste
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup flour
1) Cut the tomatoes in half and seed them
2) Cut the onion into quarters
3) Put 4 of the tomatoes, onion, garlic, and corn into a smoker and smoke for 10-15 minutes
(I use the Emson electric smoker)
4) Put all of the tomatoes, onion, garlic, and chipoltle pepper into a blender along with some vegetable stock and blend until smooth.
5) Add the puree into a stockpot and mix with the remaining vegetable stock.
6) Slice the corn off the cob and add to the stock pot
7) Bring the contents of the stockpot to a low boil.
8) Reduce heat to a simmer
9) Make a roux from the oil and flour. Let cool, and then add to the stock pot. Stir. The soup will begin to thicken.
10) Whisk in 1/4 cup of heavy cream
11) Add smoked sea salt to taste
12) EAT IT ALL.