I’m personally obsessed with GSD (getting stuff done) and find the following (free) developer tools to be invaluable in this regard. Check ’em out, and if you have any other suggestions, please list them in the comments!
Postman is a free Google Chrome App that enables you to easily test your REST API’s.
- Ability to create requests quickly
- Simulate HTTP requests with file upload support
- Auto-Formatting of JSON and XML responses
- Basic an OAuth Helpers
- Share collections between developers
- Create unit tests by adding “Jetpacks” ($9.95 US)
Clear Cache is a free Google Chrome App that enables you to reliably clear your browser cache at the click of a button.
Apache Ripple™ is a web based mobile environment simulator designed to enable rapid development of mobile web applications for various web application frameworks, such as Apache Cordova™ and BlackBerry® WebWorks™. It can be paired with current web based mobile development workflows to decrease time spent developing and testing on real devices and/or simulators.
It is free software, licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0.
- Disabling cross-domain security restrictions
- Accelerometer simulation
- Geolocation simulation
- View and edit JSON side by side in treeview and a code editor.
- Edit, add, move, remove, and duplicate fields and values.
- Change type of values.
- Sort arrays and objects.
- Colorized values, color depends of the value type.
- Search & highlight text in the treeview.
- Undo and redo all actions.
- Load and save files and urls.
- Format, compact, and inspect JSON in the code editor.
Icomoon enables you to rapidly select and encode icons as a custom font. This is particularly useful if you’re developing custom themes for Sencha Touch and Ext JS 4.21+ applications.
Speed Tracer by Google is a tool to help you identify and fix performance problems in your web applications. It visualizes metrics that are taken from low level instrumentation points inside of the browser and analyzes them as your application runs.
App Inspector for Sencha™ is an extension for Google Chrome DevTools which makes debugging Sencha Ext JS and Touch applications easier than ever before!
App Inspector for Sencha™ helps you to inspect your component tree, data stores, events, and layouts. It provides similar functionality to Illuminations for Developers.